- It is a primary objective that the health of all individuals potentially affected by the company’s activities will be given at least equal priority to business and operating objectives.
- We will strive to continuously improve the working environment for the benefit of all individuals on site.
- Employees will be encouraged to maintain a high level of personal health and will be provided with advice on health matters.
- This policy will be updated under the same policy umbrella as the Safety Policy.
Policy will be implemented by:
- Maintaining a healthy working environment by providing adequate facilities and ensuring that the appropriate personal protective equipment is available and utilised.
- Ensuring that all health risks are identified, assessed and prevented or controlled during all company activities.
- Ensuring line management and employees receive information, instruction and training in health risks and their control.
- Obtaining the advice of health professionals for the development of health-related programmes and procedures.
- Providing employee medical assessments as required by company policy and legislation.
- Reviewing Sickness/Absence data with a view to testing any potential causal links with any company activities.
- Handling health incident investigation and employee involvement and consultation under the same policy umbrella as company safety
- We believe all incidents can be prevented and an incident free operation is a primary objective of the company. Safety will be given at least equal priority with business and operating objectives.
- We will strive to continuously improve our safety performance.
- The personal safety of all individuals will be given equal emphasis.
- Safety rules and procedures will be clearly established and enforced as a condition of employment.
- This policy will be reviewed annually with employee consultation input.
Policy will be implemented by:
- Ensuring that everyone on site is aware of their duty to comply with company safety policies and procedures and with their responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Maintaining plant and equipment to ensure a safe operating environment for all.
- Ensuring that no activity will be started that cannot be completed or terminated safely through effective planning, risk assessment and procedures.
- Providing management support for all site personnel when they intervene to prevent unsafe acts or any breach of Drax Power safety rules, standards or procedures by others.
- Investigating all incidents to determine the root cause and by completing follow up actions to prevent recurrence.
- Encouraging skill development via safety training for all site personnel, ensuring that everyone is competent to carry out their duties. Trained and experienced supervision will be appointed.
- Holding line management accountable for the safety performance of their area of responsibility. Safety performance will be included as a target in annual performance appraisals.
- Line management setting clear safety standards by their own example and their presence in the field. This will be supported by field verification audits conducted by Drax and third party experts.
- Ensuring all employees have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of safety through formal consultation and effective two-way line communication.